Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Watch How you Phrase Things

I have a friendship with a girl that is a lot of fun but in my mind we never were really able to talk about more serious issues. I casually mentioned how I felt about it to her not to long ago. I told her that I really enjoyed how we were able to joke around together but I kind of wanted to be able to talk about more serious things as well. Well, she took that as me saying that I did not want to joke around anymore and suddenly our friendship become serious all the time. We eventually got things worked out but it was definitely a big misunderstanding. I learned that I need to watch how I phrase certain subject matters like this one because people can easily take it the wrong way or take it to an extreme.

1 comment:

becca22 said...

Something like that happened to me once. It is hard to deal with an issue when you think you did nothing wrong. In my case, my friend was mad at me for a little while and I had no idea why until she finally talked to me and we worked it out. I have also learned to think before I talk and to explain myself.