Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Change of Heart

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about the type of area I would like to teach in when I graduate. I grew up in a very wealthy school district where the parents were very involved in their children's school affairs and organizations like PTA. In my school district the teachers always had close relationships with the parents and the parents always knew exactly what was going on in the classroom. Growing up, I always thought that this was how most school districts operated and I always thought that I would teach in a district like mine. I mentioned in a previous post how I was involved in HOSTS last semester and that experience made me realize very fast that not all districts were like mine from back home. I've really been questioning myself lately and trying to decide what kind of district I would be happiest and where I would be most needed. I really felt during my HOSTS experience that I was really needed and that I was making a difference. There are many pros and cons to both kinds of school districts and it is something that I really have to think about.

1 comment:

tiffanyk said...

I am involved in HOSTS this semester and I have really loved it. I agree with you, I feel very important and needed. It has helped me, as well, to prepare for my future career. :)